We are looking for a Guardian homes female mini Cockapoos, female standard sized cockapoos, and mini sized Bernedoodles. Please fill our our puppy application form if your are interested in becoming apart or our Guardian Program. We depend on our Guardian Families to keep our breeding program a success!
What is a Guardian home?
These are our basic guidelines and we work on a case by case bases and exceptions may be made depending situation !
Our breeding dogs live in our home and are very much part of our lives and although they have a particular job to do, first and foremost they need a loving home and family to be part of. We don’t kennel our dogs. Kenneled breeding dogs, once retired, and sold off, have difficulty adjusting to a family as they have not been properly socialized. Guardian Homes allow the breeding dog to be placed with their forever family from the beginning ensuring they receive the love and affection they deserve. When we have a female dog to place, she will come to our house from the time she is 1.5 to 6 yrs of age. She will come to our home for about a week to be bred and then will return home for the majority of her pregnancy and return back to our home about 1 week before her pups are due. She will then remain with us until the pups are between 7-8weeks of age and then return home. She will have one litter of pups once a year and no more than 4 litter in her entire breeding career if that as we opt to retire the majority of our girls after 2-3 litters. After she is done her breeding career she will be spayed. When we have a male dog to place, we just need access to the boy whenever he is needed for breeding with one of the girls. When his breeding career is over, he will be neutered. Fulfillment of de-sexing in done by the Guardian after written consent is Given by the breeder and is the close of our Guardian agreement. Once the contract is over, he/she remains permanently to the guardian home, the cost of the dog is ’free’, for the family. Requirements for Guardian Homes: Please keep in mind that while the purchase price is free for our guardian dogs we expect top quality care for all our dogs weather the are strictly pets or breeders! Every Breeder's Guardian/ Foster program varies, some charge a fee up and pay for the de-sexing of the dog at the end of the contract. We have found that our Guardians over the years prefer no fee upfront and prefer to pay for their own de-sexing with their vet at the end of the dogs breeding career.
- A physically fenced yard is a must and is not negotiable for females. Underground fencing is allowable for Males
- Have previous dog experience.
- Must have your own vehicle and be willing to commit to doing all driving to and from our home for breeding, whelping and vet appointments.
- A ‘stay at home parent’ or who works only part time is preferred but not mandatory.
- Willing to take obedience classes.
- Live a reasonable distance from our location. Beaverton, ON. 2 hrs or less.
- Can provide routine professional grooming or willing to learn how to groom properly.
- Flexibility and a quick response when we need access to the dog for breeding and vet appointments is a must.
- Agree not to breed this dog.
- Provide an approved excellent high grade premium breeder approved commercial diet.
- Guardian homes are responsible for everything else: yearly vaccinations, vet bills, monthly flea, heart worm and de-worming treatment, grooming, obedience classes, City License…just as you would a dog you purchased, as this is your dog, but we retain breeding rights. We the breeder are responsible for all breeding associated vet bills.
- willing to provide up to date photos for our website.